Thank you for showing an interest in the Alphabettes Mentorship Program. If you wish to participate your first step will be to fill in the Mentee application form. Here are some notes and recommendations we have put together for you. Following these tips will help us to better understand your goal and to find the best Mentor to guide you through the process of fulfilling it.
Before you apply:
- Please remember that our Mentors are professional experts who are willing to donate their precious time for you. The program is built to provide you with guidance and advice on a specific matter during a set period of time. It should not to be confused with private tutoring for educational programs or a free of charge consultation for commercial projects
- Learn about the program from the available resources: read the FAQ, dive into our blog posts, watch our Behind the Scenes video to learn how the program works and watch the Showcase Party video to see how former Mentees described their projects and goals. Make sure you are well informed about how the program works, and in case you have any question, you guessed it, just drop us a note at email@example.com
- Filling in the form means that you are ready to actively commit your time as a Mentee for the upcoming term. If you are not sure you are up to it please hold off and apply to the following term
- Make sure you introduce yourself as best you can. What is your background? What are your interests? Don’t be shy; the more you share, the easier it will be to find your best match
- Be specific about the field in which you seek guidance. You can choose one from: Type design, Font production or Typography or Lettering
- Within the field you have selected, clarify the topic of your project. You can choose one from: Portfolio & Personal projects, Education & Research or Career & Industry
- Estimate the appropriate scope and duration of your project. How much time are you able to invest? Are you able to dedicate time for assignments your Mentor may give you? You can choose one from: Up to 1 month, Up to 3 months or Up to 6 months
- When you describe your project and goals, be as specific as possible. Share your current situation and what it is you are missing. Expand on your needs and expectations of the mentorship program
- Think about how a Mentor can help you accomplish your goal. How will you benefit from your Mentor’s guidance and advice?
- Note that the more focused you are on what it is you are looking for the faster it is for us to help you find it! If you are unsure or struggling to articulate your goal, or have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us before you fill in the form
- You did it! Sit back, relax and – be patient. As soon as you apply you will be considered for the current term. However, it takes time to process your application and find a great match for your needs
When you apply:
Here is the Autumn 2021 Mentee application form
After you apply:
Mentoring is a fantastic tool to empower others, grow confidence and new skills, and both our Mentees and Mentors have found the relationship transformative and fulfilling. We hope this has helped you with applying as a Mentee and we look forward to having you join us!
Alessia, Eleni, Liron, Veronika and Shani